Bar K is a unique community meeting place for people and dogs in Kansas City. Bar K Team Members share a deep and abiding commitment to Bar K’s mission — to create a joyous and unique social, recreational and educational experience for people and dogs, starting in Kansas City and expanding around the Country.Opening in mid-summer 2018, we combine a state-of-the-art, professionally maintained and fully staffed dog park, with a bar, restaurant, and coffeehouse where guests can enjoy a drink or a bite to eat. Bar K is located at the western edge of the beautiful Berkley Riverfront in downtown Kansas City.
We are looking to expand our team with a Programming and Event Manager! This position is responsible for developing marketing and service policies, programs and systems to support strategic direction and aligning local business plans with organizational objectives. The Programming and Event Manager will be integral to the regular slate of social, educational and recreational activities happening at our facility to keep our guests and their pets entertained and informed. This position will also be responsible for driving and executing bookings of the multiple private meeting spaces which guests can reserve for meetings, parties and other private events.
The Programming and Event Manager (PEM) partners with the rest of the management team to ensure effective communications, event space management, and marketing initiatives.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize and implement marketing initiatives to support the growth and development of Bar K.
- Develop annual marketing and service plans in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of marketing and service policies and practices.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, manage marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Provide leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements.
- Ensure consistent bookings and manage schedules for Bar K event spaces throughout the year.
- Assist with the management and execution of events from beginning to end.
- Oversee and direct market research and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
This position requires a significant amount of local travel. Could require up to 15% of travel outside of the local area.
Required Education and Experience
- 8+ years of marketing and/or event management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a marketing program
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience managing a small team of employees
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Marketing management within a restaurant and/or parks and recreation environment
Bar K is an Equal Employment Opportunity provides and will therefore make all employment decisions on merit and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time